It’s been a while since doing a tag, and just this week I was nominated by the lovely lifewithlilred to do the beauty tag. I went over to read her post and loved reading her answers to the questions. That’s what really made me want to answer them myself. Usually it does take me some extra time to write posts in English, but this is one of my quickest post I’ve written. Answering these questions just seemed so easy and natural to me, which made this post even more fun to write. I won’t be tagging any specific people, as I know some will feel obligated to do participate. But if you do a post with this tag, please let me know as I would love to read your answers.
1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
I’ve been trying so hard to remember my first makeup item, but I really can’t. One of my first makeup purchases were some single shadows, that I bought from a supermarket. I think I bought them when I was 13 years or so. Not gonna lie, I actually still think I have some of them laying around. That just tell you how bad I am at decluttering.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
I’m so picky with mascaras, as my lashes are so stubborn. My perfect mascara would be one that could do everything. I want length, volume, separation, thickness… Yeah I want it to do all of that. Is there a mascara that can do all of those things?
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from a foundation?
Earlier when I had a lot of texture and blemishes I would always want the most full coverage foundation I could get my hands on. Now I actually prefer medium coverage ones, as they don’t cover too much or too little.
4. Favorite high end brand?
I haven’t tried that many high-end brands… I think I have to say Anastasia Beverly Hills. They make great products, and I have yet to be disappointed. I’ve reviewed some of their products here and here.
5. What cosmetics brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
This is really hard as there are so many brands I would love to try. Too Faced, Huda Beauty, Ole Henriksen, Glamglow… Ugh I could go on forever.
6. Favorite drugstore brand?
Maybelline, Wet n Wild and L’Oreal makes so many great products. Oh and is Colourpop categorized as drugstore brand? If so, I definitely have to put them on the list.
7. Do you wear false lashes?
Nope, I suck at putting them on and it takes me ages.
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
I don’t mind leaving the house without makeup, but I guess mascara and some concealer are needed.
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
Acids! Since I’ve introduced different types of acids into my skincare routine (AHA’s, BHA’s) my skin has transformed. My skin is doing extremely well, and I know that those acids have a huge impact.
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there, or get lots of goodies at once?
I shop whenever I find a good deal. I very rarely put myself on a no-buy. I like to buy a product here and there.
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely?
I don’t set myself a budget, but I always turn to budget makeup before anything else.
12. Do you utilize coupons, reward cards, and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
Always! I mean why wouldn’t anyone use them, when you’re shopping anyways? I won’t neccesarily buy a product just because it’s on sale. Maybe the if the price is insanely good.
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
I tend to buy lots of bath & body products as well as skincare items. To be more specific I always go overboard when buying body lotions, shower gels, facial cleansers and face masks.
14. Is there a brand you absolutely can’t stand?
“Can’t stand” are strong words. I don’t think there is any brand I hate that much.
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics, like parabens or sulfates?
Not really. I do look at ingredients every now and then, but that’s more targeted towards skincare. When it comes to makeup I rarely read the ingredient list.
16. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
Online shopping is my way to go.
17. Do you like trying new skin care products or do you keep a certain routine?
Love trying out new products. Once I finish a product, I rarely go out and buy the same one right away. Even if I really like it. There’s too many products out there and so little time.
18. Favorite bath and body brand?
Nivea & Dove makes great products in that category.
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
Perhaps Anastasia Beverly Hills?. The reason behind that is that I’ve been so pleased with every single one of their products I’ve tried.
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
A lot of the higher-end brands makes stunning packaging. Just to mention a few are Charlotte Tilbury, Tom Ford and Christian Louboutin.
21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
I don’t tend to pay that much attention to celebrities’ makeup, but I feel Kylie Jenner and Selena Gomez’ makeup is so relatable. They go a lot for the neutral lip and eyes, which are for sure my preference.
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
I mean I have a makeup/beauty related Instagram, where I started out before having my blog. Through that, I’ve gotten to know many people. So I guess I’m part of a beauty community? I’m also part of some beauty groups on Facebook.
23. Favorite beauty gurus?
I don’t watch that many beauty gurus on Youtube. I’m familiar with so many of them. But I don’t know, I just rarely watch their stuff. Lately I’ve been loving Kathleen Lights videos and enjoy her personality.
24. Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains?
I do see why people like those, and if a product is multi-functional that’s just cool. But it’s not a deal break if it’s multipurpose or not.
25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Yeah, a bit. I still can’t do a proper winged eyeliner, and doing eyeshadow looks takes me a good while to do. Oh, and lip liner as well.. Anything that requires you to be precise, I mess up at some point.
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Yes, I always do.
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
At least 1-2 products. Dry shampoo & hair spray are my go-to’s.
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Foundations first, and then concealer afterwards. Gives my foundation some extra time to set.
29. Would you ever consider taking makeup classes?
Sure, I would love to. As far as I know there aren’t many classes provided in Denmark. But just for fun and learning more, I would be so down to try some.
30. What do you love about makeup?
Just being able to play with different products and achieving different results. Of course, also the ability to be creative with whatever makeup look you’re doing.